Articles and chapters in review:
Works in prep:
- Gil, J.D.B.**, Garrett, R., Rotz, A., Daioglou, V., Valentim, J. Pires, G. F., Costa, M.H., Lopes, L., and Reis, J. “Tradeoffs in the quest for climate smart agricultural intensification in Brazil.” In review at ERL.
- Garrett, R.D., Koh, I., Lambin, E.F., le Polain de Waroux, Y., Kastens, J., and Brown, J.C. “Intensification in agriculture-forest frontiers: land use responses to development and conservation policies in Brazil.” In review at Global Environmental Change.
- Gardner, C., Hartle, J., Garrett, R. Offringa, L., and Wasserman, A. Amount and type of protein produced and consumed in America: Maximizing the intersection of human health and the health of the environment. In review at Nutrition Reviews.
- Garrett, R.D. and Rueda, X. Telecoupling and consumption. Book chapter in review for Global Land-Use Change: The relevance of telecoupling research. Editors: Jonas Østergaard Nielsen and Cecilie Friis, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke, United Kingdom.
- Cammelli, F. and Garrett, R. Fire risk causes persistent poverty and fire use in the Brazilian Amazon. For submission to Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
- Cortner, O. Garrett, R. and others. Local perceptions of benefits and challenges to adopting integrated crop and livestock systems in Brazil. In review at. Land Use Policy.
- Hayek, M. and Garrett, R. Spatial Distribution of US beef cattle on feedlots and obstacles for management shifts.For submission to Environmental Research Letters.
Works in prep:
- Garrett, R., Levy, S., and others. Designing effective zero-deforestation commitments. For submission to Global Environmental Change.
- Morello, T., Feres, J., Gardner, T, Garrett, R., Tancredi, N. Parry, L., Barlow, J., and Ferreira, J., “Accidental fires and land use in the Brazilian Amazon: farm-level evidence.” For submission to Environment and Development Economics.
- Garrett, R., de la Barrera, E., Grant, S., Onofre, J., Barragal, J. “Vulnerability to climate change in sub-tropical coffee systems: a multi-scale, comparative analysis of Mexico, Jamaica, Ecuador, and Brazil” For submission to Ecology and Society.
- Garrett, R., Valentim, J., Harley, A., and Clark, W. “Leverage points for smallholder innovation in Brazil.” For submission to World Development.